I have a go to banana muffin recipe that my boys adore. I have it down to a science and can have a batch of these whipped up in about five minutes. I often add chocolate to make these even yummier, however I was recently out of chocolate chips and only had some mini M&M's. I added those and with the colors bleeding, the batter became whimsical and colorful.
Try these out - you won't be disappointed.
Here they are, my five crushes at the moment. These are either new discoveries or re-discovered favorites.
1. Camera Ready Cosmetics Sample Sizes: I have long heard about makeup such as Cinema Secrets however I was reluctant to purchase a large size of this makeup without ever seeing any of the color swatches online. Well…I stumbled upon sample sizes on their website and couldn't be happier. For only $3 each you can try out numerous different colors and brands on this website. Shipping is not included.
2. Julep Box: This is the first time I have subscribed to a box service and I am loving it!!! For $19,95/month you receive two full size nail polishes and other goodies such as hand lotion, top coats, cuticle creams and lip gloss. Boxes come with four items every month and I have yet to get a box I don't love! Another added benefit is that once you become a member you receive 20% off all purchases and free shipping. If you enter the code FREEBOX at checkout your first box is free!
3. Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss: I am a huge fan of everything Naked and this is no exception. I got the color Love Child which is a glossy, nude-pink color that would look good on anyone. The color is opaque and has good staying power for a moisturizing gloss.
4. Qrunch Quinoa Burgers: These are gluten free, vegan and super delicious! I can't stand mushrooms so I haven't ate many veggie burgers, but was thrilled to see that these don't contain mushrooms. There is only 200 calories in each patty and are a filling and healthy new addition in my home.
5. Soda water with a little fresh fruit: OK, so this is nothing groundbreaking but for some reason I have forgotten about this treat. Being a person that hates drinking water this helps me get my 8 glasses in and it tastes great! My favorites are using fresh orange juice or pomegranate juice.
When I was younger I used Vaseline all the time - as an eye makeup remover, to moisturize, as a gloss. Somewhere along the way I lost my way with this magical jelly and I feel like I have been reunited with a long lost love.
Read more for my favorite ways to use Vaseline:
OK, OK, so I know skipping breakfast isn't healthy and there are numerous reasons why breakfast should never be missed but there are times I just simply forget or don't have time. This brings me to my second confession regarding wasting calories…
I love brown sugar…there is something so delicious about the warm, caramel like flavor that nothing seems to compare to. One day while watching the Food Network (of course) I saw a recipe being prepared with simple syrup when I had an "ah-ha" moment - Brown Sugar Simple Syrup!
I made the concoction which is so simple - by combining 2 parts light brown sugar to 1 part water. Simmer in saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has melted. Add a dash of salt and voila - a yummy, delicious syrup with a warm, caramel flavor.
Some of my favorite ways to use this syrup is over oatmeal, breakfast quinoa, in coffee, yogurt, salad dressings and so much more. I would definitely try it. I store mine in the refrigerator and use it all the time. Enjoy!